 Off-Topic / Debate / 15363
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 01:53:49 GMT

<snip old convo>
Anyway, who are you to determine what I can and can't ask for a ban on?

Never said you could not ask for this ban. Please point me to where I did
say that.

No, it doesn't matter.  What does matter is that they are disruptive to my
viewing experience.

And I understand that.

Once again, because you do not like it it is bad for the community.. hmm

Excuse me?  Where in blazes did this come from?  I said nothing about me in
that line.

lol, maybe not in that line but its what you are saying.

I am more concerned about the NON-LEGO pictures that are 100+ kb in size.
You would have to have appx. 33 of these pictures to equal one 100kb pic.
Your argument would be much better if you went after non-lego items like this:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=8106

Those are technically already banned, however, Brickshelf does need better
policing.  I plan to bring this up next time I talk to Kevin.

I agree with you 100%

What?  Changing the personal user icon does NOT move the folder to the top of
the recent page.  Again, did you even read what was written?  Apparently not.
Please make sure you understand what is being talked about before you call it
"flawed logic."

Yes it does, go to one of your folders, delete a pic and it will jump to the
top of the recent page. I have tested this in the past. Thats what I was
talking about. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding.

What I will say is that somebody needs to explain to 'boy genius' that he
can use one folder to hold all of his images, he is what you call 'flooding'
the recent page. If he put all of his images into one folder it would be
easier for your vieewing habbits - I think your problem really needs to be
with him, not with these images in general.

He is one person, and I think he is doing it on purpose because of this >thread.
Besides, it is NOT just one person.  there are a large number of people
uploading such pics, and if even ten of these people add a new picture once a
day, they'll stay in the recent page thus continuing the flooding.

I think he was doing this before this thread. I am not 100% sure, but I
remember seeing his name before this.

I think it would be easy to find 'boy genius' by looking over on BZ and
explain to him that he only needs one folder, not many folders with only one
pic in each one.

And if he doesn't listen?  What then?

then you can say you tried, and this will add weight to your argument. Go to
BZ and tell these people how to work the folders.
tom
Jeff