 Off-Topic / Debate / 15345
Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:07:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:
- member folder pictures (example:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?lsearch=andersson ) (these
pictures which serve the same purpose as avatars could be allowed while
banning similar images for other services, they also do not exist in the
normal Brickshelf space so presumably updates of them don't cause
something to appear in the recent updates pages).

Those are almost never seen and take up very little space, and thus generate
little bandwidth issues.  :)

12 year old BZ member:

"This avatar I'm uploading takes up very little space, so it must be OK"

Realistically, I don't think it's possible to come up with a guideline which
allows the eg andersson and not eg

And I'd be disappointed to see any such restriction.

ROSCO