 Off-Topic / Debate / 15333
15332  |  15334
Subject:
I hate spam
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2002 20:09:37 GMT

Ah, spam.

I have been mostly successful this year in hiding from it.

But there is one of those search engine rackets that fires off a spam of
lies to me when I update my web page.

Also, they seem to pick a random email address off it. Since the addresses
are not real mailboxes, no big deal, but it bugs me they would pick a random
one. They might be spamming someone else mentioned there. Naturally, they're
obligated to not use the real admin contact, because that would be spamming,
so picking a random one lets them feign innocence.