 Off-Topic / Debate / 15384
Re: Reiterating my thoughts on the Avatar issue
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:30:22 GMT

"Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message

What I *have* said is:
I do not like Avatar drawings filling up BrickShelf.

This is my opinion.  I never said it was anything more.  I made my post to
start a discussion and see if others felt the same way.  To be honset as • far
as I'm concerned the discussion has gone *exactly* in the direction I
thought it would. There have been some who agreed with me and some who
haven't.  Thats great! Thats what makes life interesting. Also, like any
issue of this nature I imagined there would be plenty of rational,
thoughtful posts by people who wanted to contribute in a constructive
manner.  I also knew that there would be a few people who would blow my • post
waaay out of proportion and completely miss the main issue.

Thats about it.

Tolerate the avatars, please! They are so easy to ignore. Don't blow _them_
out of proportion. I find yet-another-mecha about as exciting as navel lint,
but I don't complain when they get crossposted to .space even though they
have their own dorkycompartment.

It's really, really high time a lot of LUGNETers exercised a bit of
tolerance. If there's one thing that detracts from reading LUGNET, it's
seeing another flame war start all because someone who is forum-immature
expresses an unpopular opinion badly and gets howled down in a torrent of
derisive nasty "righteous indignation". It's all too unpleasantly familiar.

LUGNET is "ours" as in "everyone's". No cliques please.

Thanks for reading, and please, play well!

--

Cheers,
Paul