 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 194
Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:08:58 GMT

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 12:15  PM, Jim DeVona wrote:

Oh, hot! There is now a pop-up menu when you control-click on the
content
area... not sure if this was supposed to be there all along (it wasn't
before, to my knowledge), but it lets you change the background color,
among other things! Nifty.

I think the old OS X glut may have put that on the menu bar.  It's
nothing special, and I've actually been working on replacing the menus
with something better for the next release.

Yeah I made some suggestions for tweaking that menu in my other message,
but if you're coming up with something new (or improved), that's cool too.

I think I just found a bug in one of the current pop-menu commands, under
Options - when you select "Visible Spin" it acts as if you pressed
lowercase 'v' and displays the
'vector (x,y,z):" prompt. I think its supposed to act like you pressed a
capital "V" instead, because pressing V toggles between the different spin
modes: l3, ldlite, solid, bounding box, and solid with no studs.

Another thing I've noticed is that whenever I select an item from the
pop-up menu (using GLUT 4, of course), the following line is printed to
the console:

2002-06-13 15:54:46.422 ldglite[789] GLUT Warning: glutCurrentModifiers:
do not call outside core input callback.

(Where the 789 in brackets is the process id of ldglite.)

Jim