 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 158
Re: Some bugs with LDGLite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 23:24:47 GMT

In article <GxCKJs.1H9@lugnet.com>,
"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, James Reynolds writes:
When LDGLite is launched in LDGLite mode, I am prompted to click on
the drawing to go to the next step, but when I click, the programs draws
two steps.

I have no idea why it would jump 2 steps when clicking.

That's most likely a problem with the version of GLUT available for
Mac OS X.  It's known to have bugs like that.  There's an improved
version of GLUT available, that I might try to use for the next release,
but I don't know how difficult it is to work with.

Meanwhile, does the space key (or the enter key) draw single steps?

Don

OK, this on made me laugh (the odd things that happened)j. First I
didn't know that the enter key and space bar did anything, but they
don't work quite right either.

The spacebar causes LDGLite to draw two steps.
The enter key causes LDGLite zoom by 10% (I think) and then step to the
next step.
The return key causes the LDGLite to the next two steps.
The 'n' key causes LDGLite to draw the model darker and draws the next
step.
The 'f' key causes the LDGLite to draw the next step.
The 'h' key causes LDGLite to draw the next step.
The 'j' key causes LDGLite to draw the next step.
The 'l' key causes LDGLite to switch to line mode and draw the next step.
The 'q' or 'Q' key causes LDGLite to draw the next step. (Changes the
view slightly too?)
The 'r' key causes LDGLite to draw the first two steps, but you told me
to stop pressing the r key, so I'll stop pressing it :)
Pressing the number keys causes LDGLite to switch views and draw the
next step.
Pressing the '-' and '+' keys causes LDGLite to zoom (in the appropriate
direction) and draw the nex step.
Pressing the 'J' key causes the LDGLite to be drawn funky
(http://homepage.mac.com/cjmasi/funky.jpg) and draws the next step.
Pressing the 'S' key causes LDGLite to zoom to fit (almost) and draw the
next step.

All of the other (alphanumeric) keys don't do anything.

Ooh ooh oooh... this is a freaky one.
Clicking on the window bar doesn't do anthing. Moving the window causes
LDGLite to draw the next step when you stop (whether you let go or not).

It almost looks like any key that does something also causes LDGLite to
draw the next step. So, a key that causes LDGLite to draw the next step
does that step, and then the extra one. This only happens when I run in
the viewer mode.

By the way, why do I get this message

Could not find ldliterc.dat

when I run in edit mode? (rc's are usually for adding start up
instructions, right? like .tcshrc)

Thanks!
Chris

--