 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 188
Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 15:48:39 GMT

On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 11:23  AM, Jim DeVona wrote:

If there is anything else you'd like to me to test with this let me know,
I'm not sure what other issues this version of GLUT was supposed to have
fixed.

Oh, hot! There is now a pop-up menu when you control-click on the content
area... not sure if this was supposed to be there all along (it wasn't
before, to my knowledge), but it lets you change the background color,
among other things! Nifty.

Am I correct in assuming that the contents of this menu are universal for
all platforms? In any case I think there a few minor tweaks that could be
done to it that would help it seem even more "Mac like", but I think they'
d be helpful on all platforms.

In the Options sub-menu: insert a few more blank dividers to group the
commands better. For instance, insert a divider after "Normal" so that the
three draw modes are displayed as a distinct, related group: Shading,
Linemode, and Normal. Also, implementing a checkmark next to the current
mode would be helpful too - not just for the draw modes but for any menu
item that can be toggled or selected from a group (ie, orthographic vs
perspective, current background color, etc). Would it be possible to do
this?

Also, in an earlier message it was noted that Control-dragging is supposed
to rotate the model in solid studless mode, I think. However, on the Mac
(at least on my traditional one-buttoned Mac), control-clicking triggers
the pop-up (contextual) menu. This behavior is pretty much universal on
the mac (Control clicking to get contextual menus). So I'm guessing that
the pop-up menu conflicting with the control-dragging... which would
explain why control-dragging doesn't work on the mac.

Jim