 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 131
Re: Some bugs with LDGLite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 13:31:50 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Christopher Masi writes:
I just started playing with LDGLIte and I noticed a few things.

Do you have access to a console window?  Ldglite prints some info
out to the console that might be helpful here.  For example, what
does it print out about the opengl version and extensions?  How
many color, depth, and stencil bits does it say you have?

1. Selecting parts (page up and page down) in LEdit mode doesn't work
right if my display is set to a resolution higher than 750x550.

Do you know which editing mode you're using?  I think ldglite prints
something like "Editing mode = 1(1)".  The number in parenthesis tells
which of the two modes it's using.  You should be able to choose
the mode on the command line with uppercase -LEDIT or lowercase -ledit.
And if the ALT key works in the OSX version of glut you can enter
either of the ledit modes from ldraw mode by pressing either the
INSERT key, or ALT-INSERT.

The reason I ask is because the two modes use different opengl buffers
and functions to achieve the effects.  I initially did this so I could
a version that worked on my ancient laptop, and a better looking version
for my slightly faster pentium II.  But along the way I discovered
bugs in the drivers of some video cards that prevent things from working
right.

2. After continuing to work with a model for a while, LDGLite in LEdit
mode will not display the parts that I move. Though, the part have been
moved. Saving, quiting, and reopening the files shows the parts in their
new positions.

Hmmm, that's odd.  This isn't the "display to current part" feature,
or the "start display at line N" feature is it?  You can toggle both
of those in the options menu, but I don't think I have any status to
tell if either feature is active.

Remember, these are just bug reports. I am extremely glad that I can run
LDRAW type software on my Mac OS X system.

And I'm glad to get the bug reports.  Unfortunately it's difficult to
do much of anything about them.  I can compile an executable for OSX
on the sourceforge compilefarm, but I don't have a Mac to run it (or
debug it) on.  I'll try and see what I can do though.  Meanwhile I
should probably dig up that list of bugs James sent me...

Don