 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 193
Re: GLUT 4 for Mac OS X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:26:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Jim DeVona writes:
On Thursday, June 13, 2002, at 01:43  PM, James Reynolds wrote:

Say, how do you go about publicizing that new GLUT? Is that something
that
you incorporate into the ldglite code, or is that something that Apple
has
to include with the OS? Basically what I'm asking is the only way for
people to get it to download it from that home page and manually build it
themselves? Because I am willing to bet that a lot of people who would
like to play with legos on the mac aren't to familiar with compiling
things themselves, or with sudo'ing their way into the Mac OS X System
framework directory.

Can you make the executable available?  I can test it on my mac and see if
the new glut libraries are included (I don't think they will be, but you
never know, and one can hope).

What do you mean, an executable for the new GLUT, or for ldglite? (There
is no executable for the new GLUT, its just a set of files in a folder
that go in /System/Library/Frameworks.)

ldglite executable.
James