 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 138
137  |  139
Subject:
Could someone run a perspective mode test on ldglite?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:16:46 GMT

While following up on the latest round of bug reports I noticed
this page.

  http://wind.prohosting.com/anoved/lego.shtml

Neat pics, but while viewing them I realized that all of the
perspective (non-orthographic) views displayed a lot of z-fighting
(underlying surfaces and lines bleeding through).  This also
used to happen in Mesa because of the default 16bit zbuffer.
I fixed it there by moving the znear and zfar clip planes closer
together if GL_DEPTH_BITS reports a value less than 24.  Perhaps
I need to do it for values less than 32 instead.  If I recall,
someone posted that ATI rage 128 used on the Macs posted a value
of GL_DEPTH_BITS = 24 when ldglite is run.  Can someone verify
this?

Also, could someone try some perspective mode viewing with these
command line settings to see if it fixes the bleeding?

  -z100 -Z2000 -J

If so, I'll make it the default in the code.  Or maybe I'll even
calculate the best settings on the fly.  This should be possible
with the l3 parser.  I think it already calculates a bounding box
for the model.

-z100 -Z2000 -J

Thanks,

Don