 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 190
Re: mouse model manipulation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 17:40:07 GMT

http://firebolt.mlmc.utah.edu/ldglite_old.mov (1.7 M)
http://firebolt.mlmc.utah.edu/ldglite_new.mov (812 K)

That's funny, both movies look awful on my computer.  I suspect it's
because they run at too high a resolution for the old piece of junk.

I captured these with Snapz Pro.  Durring the capture, it took snapshots in
the middle of redraws, so that explains one reason why it doesn't look all
that great.  Snapz also slows everything down (I suppose constantly storing
a section of the display into RAM justifies the slow down).

I noticed that the first frame of ldglite_new.mov is all blurry.  I don't
know what is up with that.  Snapz didn't do it.

I suppose the only think I wanted to show is the rotation speed difference
between the two versions.  The movies demonstrate that well.  Watch the
pointer and you will know what I mean...

James