 Administrative / General / 13117
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 2005 00:27:41 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
And would stress out the both a lot more, would most likely introduce much
more security issues (the most famous webboard package phpBB gets updates
for security related issues almost weekly it seems, and despite that MANY
forums still get hacked)

Ummmmmm well that's not really fair - phpBB has had 6 updates over the 6 months
I've been running it, and only 2 were for major security issues. And most of the
exploits are because the site didn't keep up-to-date with the latest updates, or
they run other software on the site that was exploited. I'd much rather use
software that gets regular security updates when exploits are found, than one
which only gets an update every 6 months.

If you're gonna put security forward as an argument against web interfaces, at
least get your facts straight :)

ROSCO