 Administrative / General / 13108
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:47:27 GMT

Hello!

But Lugnet isn't just a text medium. Do you get the images in the FTX via NNTP?
You have to open a browser to see any links anyway and for me its at least half
about the pics. And quite frankly, bloated they might be, but browsers run
quickly enough.

That's exactly what I never understood about the NNTP fans' fondness of NNTP. I
*can* understand why software engineers, coders and other geeky NNTP users
(sorry :-) ) use NNTP and actually prefer it over every other form of forum. But
I will never understand in which way NNTP can possibly be better for discussions
about a picture-dependent hobby like LEGO. I want to see the pics of the MOCs! I
want to see them NOW, right while reading the story or description belonging to
these pics. So what's the big advantage in the ability of reading the stories
offline if I am not able to look at the pictures at the same time?

I disagree, the Lugnet web interface is BY FAR the best I have used

Yep.

Hmm, that answers my question above! However I agree, I can manage quite well
without smileys, avatars etc.

Absolutely.

Bye
Jojo