 Administrative / General / 13161
Re: admin.dev? [Was: Dear NNTP users]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 23:24:45 GMT

Suz wrote:

In lugnet.admin.general, Ross Crawford wrote:

snip

Typically I'd think a discussion without any initial plan may be unwise (i.e.,
potentially fruitless). And we don't have project leadership or any other team
structure  yet, BUT we're in all-new waters here!

As long as you folks don't mind talking-tech under such casual circumstances,
I'd love to provide the encouragement and listen in while I'm busy working on
the things that I need to do.

-Suz

Suz,

Advice is as good as you pay for.

Since my pearls of wisdom are super cheap, take it with a grain of salt.

:)

Re: And we don't have project leadership or any other team structure

my advice/comments are thus:

do you !!~REALLY~!!  need such pretenses?  LESS is more. Many teams, and
groups can run just fine with limited structure.  instead of getting
into the nitty gritty of charters, and
second-vice-presidents-from-the-left, concentrate on keeping the group
focused, and let the code go where it will.  if  you pick the right
team(1), the leadership job becomes a LOT easier.

Chris
co-founder of some lug or other.

1.  I have tried to stress this simple advice to anyone who will listen,
and always try to bite my tongue when i see many other groups "play
politics" rather than focus on the task at hand.