 Administrative / General / 13107
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:33:22 GMT

Message sent via NNTP
Thanks all of you that helped

Tim

Now all I have to do is work out how to subscribe to multiple groups without
having to do them individually

"Ross Crawford" <ross.{mylastname}@gmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.admin.general, Tim David wrote:
Still doesn't work mind you! I'm wondering XP firewall issues but as the
missus
is using the computer I'll have to test some other time.
FreeAgent gives a windsock error Connection refused by server (10061)
while OE
does nothing.

Yes the latest Windows firewall does have issues - I have stopped using it
as my
ADSL modem has a firewall. But before that I used Sygate firewall
http://smb.sygate.com/products/spf_standard.htm with no problems.

Also, make sure you're using the correct port 1119, not the default 119.

ROSCO