 Administrative / General / 13151
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:44:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Johannes Koehler wrote:
But I will never understand in which way NNTP can possibly be better for
discussions about a picture-dependent hobby like LEGO.

Actually, people were having online discussions about LEGO for a long time,
before digital images were so prevalent.

But I think it's a matter of preference -- I don't spend nearly as much of my
'LEGO' time looking at MOCs as other people do.  I'm more interested in what
people are discussing, what's going on.  But maybe I'm a freak.

And again, NNTP isn't 'text' or 'pictures' -- it's a protocol.  There's nothing
inherently wrong[1] with an HTML-enabled NNTP client.  It's just not as common
as textual communication.

Steve
1) Other than the inherent evils of HTML security, of course.