 Administrative / General / 13073
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 21:24:41 GMT

Suz wrote:

For those of you using newsreaders, I have a few questions. I'm curious:
what other sorts of stuff do you follow via newsreader? Anything cool? Are
there many things you've been forced to switch to viewing other ways?

I've been following several dutch newsgroups, mostly Linux/hardware related
for years. Used to subscribe to other groups too but those died out when
webboards came or were ruined by one or two loudmouths.

How
do you follow rss feeds? Is there any such thing as a good aggrigator?

I've been using KDE's akregator for a while now and really like it,
specially how it's closely tied into the rest of the KDE desktop. I use RSS
for sites such as the Register, Slashdot, several news sites such as BBC
and dutch RTL and some music-related stuff. I had ILTCO on there too, but
their RSS is seriously broken (old articles appear as new every 1-2 weeks)
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/