 Administrative / General / 13100
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 02:09:03 GMT

Jan-Albert van Ree <javanree@vanree.net> writes:

These days, I use almost only the discussion groups of LUGNET, which I still
access using NNTP, so to me it's pretty much text only. I don't see any
images no, but I don't mind. If it's described well and sounds cool, I'll
cut'n'paste the URL and look at the pics later.

Exactly. My computer is online 100% (Linux), so offline doesn't matter to
me. I sit here typing into Gnu emacs (so editing is comfortable), with a
browser window half-hidden, open to the "Lugnet Classic" logo from a post
I read a few minutes ago. It takes essentially no mouse movement or clicks,
and very few keystrokes for me to read several groups worth of Lugnet
articles. Very efficient. The switch away from the standard NNTP port was
a bit of a nuisance, but I got over it.

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.Nalug.org