 Administrative / General / 13146
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 12:25:05 GMT

Timothy Gould wrote:

I think you could run a threaded discussion running RSS. If you look at the RSS
2.0 specifications there is a tag <category> which could be used to categorise
each post as a subcategory of its parent. It's not as elegant as a true nested
structure but would maintain compatibility with the RSS specs.

Yes.  But why would anybody do that?  NNTP is (IMO) the most logical transport
protocol for RSS data anyway.  That hack would only be needed if you transported
RSS data over a non-threaded protocol like HTTP (which unfortunately often is
the case).

Note, I
don't know anything about how newsgroups work but if you can convert whats on
Lugnet to work with them, you must be able to convert other things.

IIRC the internal data structure of Lugnet _is_ a newsgroup storage system.

Play well,

Jacob
--
Sal Colibri (from Roger Leloup's "Yoko Tsuno"):
          http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Transport/Fly/Colibri/