 Administrative / General / 13082
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:18:10 GMT

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005, Suz wrote:

For those of you using newsreaders, I have a few questions. I'm curious:
what other sorts of stuff do you follow via newsreader?

Um, well, since my newsreader is Pine, I suppose I could say that I follow
all my e-mail through my newsreader. . .but I don't use NNTP for anything
but LUGNET newsgroups (and never really read any non-LUGNET newsgroups but
rtl and some Babylon 5 groups).  On the other hand, I only use the SMTP
interface for lugnet.market.shopping, and the HTTP interface for
searching/replying-to old posts (it's usually somewhat easier to reply to
a post I've already read and discarded using HTTP than to hack my
.newsrc).

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/