 Administrative / General / 13171
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2005 18:44:46 GMT

"Jacob Sparre Andersen" <sparre@nbi.dk> wrote in message
news:IKILK5.22FD@lugnet.com...
Tim David wrote:

One thing I don't understand, having now used NNTP (and
saved an offline cache of .trains 'just in case'!) is how
you know about things in groups you don't subscribe to?

a) You don't "subscribe" to a newsgroup, you follow it.

Actually, in Outlook Express, you *do* subscribe. It's there in a tab at the
top: 'Subscribed'

b) You don't.  That's the idea with not following a group.

One of the things I like doing is seeing what is going on in other
groups every so often.

Then you have to follow - or at least sporadically read - those groups.

Thank goodness for 'Mark all as read' :-)

Tony