 Administrative / General / 13075
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:01:58 GMT

I only use NNTP for Lugnet.  As other hobbies I have had have moved to BBs, I have trailed off of them.  I *highly* prefer NNTP and email to anything else, as I can download when I want and read offline (not that I'm ever really offline).  I just won't use BBs unless forced to, and only then extremely rarely.

If you kill off *everything* else having to do with Lugnet, please continue NNTP (in cooperation with legofan.org, maybe?).  It ROCKs having all my Lego threads pretty much located in one place (I will occasionally check BIMP, etc, but only when a posting here links to something that sounds interesting).

Suz wrote:

For those of you using newsreaders, I have a few questions. I'm curious: what other sorts of stuff do you follow via newsreader? Anything cool? Are there many things you've been forced to switch to viewing other ways? How do you follow rss feeds? Is there any such thing as a good aggrigator? What's up with projects like   nntp//rss? Like, how come it's dead in the water?

http://www.methodize.org/nntprss/

-Suz

--
Tom Stangl