 Administrative / General / 13076
Re: (><)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:28:19 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, David Eaton wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
So, why is it that whenever I
preview a composed post in any of my browsers, (choosing to post as plain text)
linebreaks get added in the preview, making the message as narrow as possible -
but this happens only like 65 percent of the time? Why is it that when I then
edit anything from that preview, it will -surely- choose to wrap itself in a
knot! It's like this interface has a mind of its own.

I have to admit I've had my own share of difficulty with this. The worst part
seems to be that it's random. Using Mozilla, I hit "preview" on a post, and
occasionally, it wraps text very oddly. Then, without changing anything, I'll
hit "preview" several more times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Same here. Happens in Safari too.

Seemingly no discernable pattern, otherwise I'd try and investigate further.
Next time I catch it happening, I'll try and grab the raw HTML as I'm going and
track it down.

DaveE

thanks.