 Administrative / General / 13101
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 01:59:38 GMT

"Suz" <suz@baseplate.com> writes:

For those of you using newsreaders, I have a few questions. I'm curious: what other sorts of stuff do you follow via newsreader? Anything cool? Are there many things you've been forced to switch to viewing other ways? How do you follow rss feeds? Is there any such thing as a good aggrigator? What's up with projects like   nntp//rss? Like, how come it's dead in the water?

I see there are lots of replies that I haven't read yet, but I'll just
answer Suz's question directly for myself.

I read a few standard newsgroups from my ISP's server via NNTP. E.g.
comp.arch (computer architecture), rec.humour.funny, etc.

I have never switched to another way of reading news - NNTP is simply so
much faster for me. I've never done any RSS stuff. I use "gnus" inside
Gnu Emacs. A co-worker uses it to aggregate several news sources and email
streams, but I have no need for that (nor could I remember the key bindings!)

--
Experience should guide us, not rule us.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.Nalug.org