 Administrative / General / 13164
Re: admin.dev? [Was: Dear NNTP users]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Aug 2005 07:01:31 GMT

--SNIP--
I agree! But I would also add, I think this project needs at least some kind of
coherent plan as to what exactly is needed before it can make any useful
headway. Coders are fine for trying out stuff, and coding the final
requirements, but they're not necessarily great at deciding what is needed, or
what works best for the users. However if we can keep that to a simple system
design (sans politics), it would be good.

ROSCO

IMHO the best option would be to have the team led (in the very loosest of
terms) by someone with a user design background (or failing that level of
expertise, and sort of design). The number of technically savvy but ugly and
difficult sites/software you see is extraordinary (see almost everything on
Linux - not a flame, just making the point). Super props to Todd and Suz for
getting this one so nice at the front and back.

Any takers???

Tim