 Administrative / General / 13140
Re: Dear NNTP users,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:42:01 GMT

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 12:09:21AM +0000, Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
But which format would you translate it to? Wouldn't you have to
translate the FTX articles to HTML to get the inlined images? And
wouldn't that limit the practical number of NNTP clients slightly?
- But of course not as much as implementing it only for a single
NNTP client?

I think if we have a proxy that understands FTX and can translate it,
the output format shouldn't be set - have that part be pluggable, so you
could have it output html, or plain text, or anything else we can think
of.  Just have the proxy associate an output format with either the IP
or the port of the connection, and the clients can choose which one they
use.

All in theory of course, I don't think I have the time right now to
actually implement any of this :)

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com