 Administrative / General / 13106
13105  |  13107
Subject:
About discussing stuff [was: good afternoon!]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 18:55:43 GMT

LUGNET things are still up in the air. So, I have no real solid situation to
state. I'm still gathering info about possibilities and listening to offers. I
-would- be posting more bit-by-bit communication here, but my time is seriously
limited. I'm sorry about that. Trying to convey my thoughts has been a major
time-sink.

In lugnet.admin.general, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:
I'm going to ask that people not speak for me, as in: "I think what Suz is
saying is.."

I've thought about this, and I might have shot myself in the foot.

There are some people who know well what's important to me and have been aware
of the general reasoning behind all this. It would benefit us all if they were
available to communicate on my behalf. (Officially? or unofficially? I don't
know. Write to me if you're interested in taking on such a thankless job, where
you'd have to listen to me whining into the telephone nightly...) Someone may
have a quick-n-simple way of stating things which I can not because I am so
close to the issues and intertwined in details.

because, if you're not accurate, I'll want to write a response to
correct you. And there will be those who's perceptions have been
inaccurately altered, and posted in response to those, etc.

Misunderstandings might actually stimulate more conversation which ironically
could bring up fresh ideas that are then adopted! (I'd just hope that any issues
of pride wouldn't cause hard feelings or spark pointless fighting.)

I was impressed with the NNTP conversation beasue there were some genuine
disagreements that led NOT to fighting, but to better understandings. very cool.

Please be patient. be civil.

thanks for this.

-Suz