 Trains / *20115 (-100)
  MichLTC train/town display at local NMRC show, Livonia MI

The Michigan Lego Train Club displayed in Livonia this past Sunday. While this was an extremely small layout for us because of limited setup time, I think we had a very strong display with a lot of great detail. Many of the buildings have already (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) Larry, why does it scare me when you actually run short on a particular part? - Perhaps it has something to do with that TRU stockroom-sized cache of Lego you have in your house :-) Good work on the mountain. I agree more dark gray would have (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) (OFF TOPIC SIDENOTE) My dad used a similar technique a couple years ago for a Meccano church he built. The model eventually was lit from within and displayed in the lobby of the church upon which it was based. The stained glass added greatly (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) That tank truck (water?) looks nice too. (...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Several new MOCs...

(...) (URL)Greenbrier: (URL) to mention some features of my Greenbrier. It has variable ashpan and firebox glow, a working headlight of course, and motorized drivers. All the lights and the motor are connected to the 9V train motor, so as the engine (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Larry, Please post your home address so that I can send over a couple of guys with a new coat for you. The sleeves may be a bit long, but they'll help you fasten them behind your back. You are obviously a danger to yourself. Seriously, though, that (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Does a 1 x 2 x 3 Panel exist in GREEN?...

Does anyone know if a 1 x 2 x 3 Panel exists in GREEN, in any LEGO set? Bricklink Description: (URL) email me if you have any information leading to this part (in green)! :-) Thanks! -jeremy pnltc (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Nice mountain! I especially like the waterfall and the tunnel portals. Neat "keystone" effect. I'd have to agree that it has too many colors. The tan and the black are the most distracting, IMO. Cool quarry, also. Quite impressive overall, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) yesterday. That deserves to be named as big. I would even tend to huge if there weren't so much nice details and ideas in it. I especially like the portal which leads under 45° into the mountain. (...) In fact it is a little bit 'fuzzy'. As (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) These look nice, but definitely pricey at over $23 per set of four, even for a club like ours with a hefty war chest to spend. By comparison, I believe that the entire bill for supplies to retrofit all of our tables (currently numbering (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

Hi Larry, I just saw your mountain/quarry in .build. I was speechless! That mountain is quite impressive. I am a .castle guy myself, but I like seeing what is going on elsewhere. Your mountain sure grabbed my attention. A guy in .castle just built (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

Chris Phillips wrote in message ... (...) We (VLC) did this in a couple of places on our folding banquet tables at our shows this year and it made a big difference in looks - we do a lot of automation and previously the wires have been a real (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SCLTC up and running at SDMRRM now through New Years!

(...) Definitely a good idea. Problems are: 1. The museum has no more permanent layout space available (the last space went to some Lionel types last year). 2. This museum works with some heavy sponsorship relationships. People are always amazed (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) We went with folding legs we got from Rockler.com ((URL) , they bump the price up a little bit per table. But the time and space saving was worth the cost. Also we've been using spring loaded clamps to connect the tables together, this also is (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) NELUG is actually re-designing our tables for faster setup/breakdown at the expense of strength. We use mostly 40" square tables with a few half-width tables here and there. Our last layout was about 10' x 20' and just bolting legs onto (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)

(...) Here are a few more pics I found by just iterating the numbers on Peter's images.. (you may find some dead spots but just keep iterating. there's lots to see besides just my stuff. In particular, take a gander at Tony's neato streetlights, (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Mountain/Quarry

(...) <snip> (...) Very nicely done Larry! And you fit all that in such a small space! I especially like the little dam, and the etching on the tunnel entrance! Good job--it was worth the wait to see the completed version. Keep up the great work! (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

(...) I was one of the people advocating much lighter tables, mind you. But since we tend to do these really BIG layouts (in many cases, 90" from the outer table edge to the inner central space for many many feet) it gets hard to do the setup of the (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

The designs look good. Why did you feel the need to make them heavier than previously designed tables? Have you experience an issue with tables not holding up to the weight of the layout? We have actually been trying to make our tables even lighter (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Mountain/Quarry

I have been dropping hints in various places about the "big project" that had been consuming a lot of time. It was revealed at the MichLTC show yesterday. These are deep links, thanks to Peter for taking pics. More pics surely will be available (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: MichLUG Table Specs

XFUT to trains.org... I can testify to the strength of these tables. They're size compatible with other 30x30 and 30x60 tables but a lot stronger (and heavier...)... We have used these in several shows now and are getting faster and faster at (...) (22 years ago, 25-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: SCLTC up and running at SDMRRM now through New Years!

A suggestion should be made to the SDMRRM that the LEGO® layout be a permanent feature of the museum, just like the O, N and HO scale layouts already are. Think of the publicity and recognition! -Harvey (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.town)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Did (...) a (...) I've thought of this, but working out how to build a module with a canal and still keep the flexibility of the module system is the challange. The green phone mast is mine, we're seeing more painted masts here now. Mark (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

Hi Manfred, Yes, we are all turning into mobile phone mast geeks! There are so many designs, once you start looking... We acquired some new members for this show, and expanded the layout considerably as a result. I think we put on a great display, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

Hello NBLTC members, What a nice modular get-together you all can master. It has grown a lot since the Southport event, where I had the honor of attending together you members of the North British Lego train Club. All those new items. The sloping (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Making your own Stickers?

Hi, My Fiance and I have just finished working through our sets and have noticed a number of sets aer missing stickers. Can anyone recommend any particular printer paper for both clear and white stickers? What sort of printer do you find is best? I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) Don't you get pop-up ads in your browser? Try (URL) bought my camera used from a friend. I think the whole setup cost me about $50, but you'll probably pay a bit more buying new. Still, I think you can get one for about $80. (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) How much one of those cost? where can we buy one? Martin (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) make it look like a train. Now I'm embarassed! Or I will be as soon as my folder is moderated... I didn't go for looks in mine, I wanted to shoot some quick video and then pull that monster off the layout before anyone noticed. I also didn't (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

(...) Michael Hader built one of these in 2000 and brought it to a few NGLTC shows. Michael's car had headlights for the tunnels and was very functional in design. It didn't have a motor of its own, so it was either towed or pushed around the track. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  X-10 Wireless Camera Train Car

They said it couldn't be done! Actually, that was me. I said it couldn't be done. Never say that. I built a train car to carry a wireless X-10 camera around the track for NELUG's layout last weekend. The camera placement is designed to provide an (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Already did-- I want dark gray! :-) (...) Holy cow, my apologizes, *Jason*! And sorry for the late apology; this post slipped under my radar:-p -John (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) i built a mounting system for the wheels, and put that on a bogie plate. since i didn't put pistons on, i had full rotation. my problem came in when the track noticed that the length of the engine was a bit too long. i had a small de-railment. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) ack, my secret is out ;-) i ordered them here: (URL) have a store. i was able to buy just the wheelsets, for like $5 for 4 wheels. unfortunately, i don't see any there today, you may have to call. the only problem is, they come with axles (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Dean Husby writes: <snip> (...) Thanks for looking, Dean. As stated earlier (and adding to the list of admirers already) I really liked your engine. I'm going to tweak my magnet holders to see if I can come up with (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Pictures of My Halloween Display at Zany Brainy

The folks at the local Zany Brainy were nice enough to let me come set up a single table display and show off my spooky Lego creations for Halloween this year. I finally got some pictures developed and posted to Brickshelf to share with folks: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.richlug, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.us.va.ric, lugnet.harrypotter) !

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) Jerry, do try going the Customer Service route with your warped ones. As other posters relate, CS is friendly and helpful and will do everything they can to set you right. (sometimes they can't of course but it's not for lack of trying) If you (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) but (...) I think those are the LGB wheels, as I used them in this engine long long ago: (URL) I repat myself, but I would love to see similar ones by TLC in red and black. The Diameter and flange height are just perfectly fitting into all (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

(...) Looks good, Jerry! What, exactly, are those wheels? They almost look like black wagon wheels, but I can't quite make them out. Are they LEGO? As for turns ... what wheels are affixed rigidly to the chassis, and which can rotate? I've found (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) to (...) For those who do not know what we are talking about: (URL) how new baseplates often look like... (...) May work, but there is danger it deforms in another way. If the studs loose their binding ability a flat baseplate does not help (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) While I know someone else mentioned stacking a few together and let them sit over time, I have another solution that works well you just have to be extremely careful. If you have a toaster oven or just an oven heat it up in one of them. Don't (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

Call 1-800-233-8756 (Lego consumer affairs), have Lego send you replacement pieces. Scott (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Question: Scale Models of Talgo

Anyone know how Marklin and other metal scale trains model the coupling system for the Talgo cars? I'd like to find a reference to how other scale trains model the mono-axle and tilting mechanism of the Talgo. Thanks. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  my first steam moc - 4-4-4 (wheel expirement)

i've been working on some new wheel ideas off and on for the past few months. seeing shaun sullivan's 4-4-4 inspired me to throw something together as a test, last night (in fact, it's fairly derivative of shaun's work). i worked from one of my (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Dunno but I had this idea for an arch quite a while back but never did anything with it (yet) (URL) I have actually built it and it stays together fine with other bricks behind it) ROSCO (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) I recently received a 3737 and the baseplate was fine. I did order it at the same time as a lot of other stuff so it was shipped as one of many things in a huge box. Maybe the warping has to do with the packing and shipping? (The big box meant (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) i ordered some of the 28-long red's at the same time i ordered 3737, those came fine. unfortunately, i'm stuck with either red bases, or making my own most of the time if i want something that large ;-) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) The big reason I order the packs is that I want black 28 stud baseplates. The sets with black baseplates always come with 24 stud baseplates. Of course I don't use baseplates all the time, but for many cars they work just fine. Frank (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) I ordered some of these almost a year ago, and got severely warped plates. I called up customer service who sent out replacements. The replacements were fine, and were not packaged in the service pack. I wonder if part of the problem is that (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) You may well be on to something. It may very well have something to do with the packaging? Perhaps bins and bins of bagged train plates get all akilter while sitting in storage, and get warped. No matter. I don't order these either, I find the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment

(...) the few times that i've ordered this part has turned me off ordering train packs altogether. thankfully there's bricklink. no, i never bothered calling for a replacement, i figured the replacements would be just as warped -- instead i stuck (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Just over three weeks to the thesis defense does wonders. :) As well as having to clean half of my collection from the basement flood back in August as well. Anyone who would like to sort about a 144 gallons of brick for me is welcome to it. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  3737 parts pack again a disappointment

Hello trainheads, I just received an order of two 3737 train wagon parts today. And for the third time...both wagon plates were warped beyond use! Does LEGO® take notice of their parts/set quality at all, or am I talking to a brick wall? This is (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Painted Windows at LLC?(was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) Do those windows appear to be painted white to anyone else? They look like they were red windows & then painted white to me. Jonathan (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) There is a way to do it, I believe, but it's arcane. it involves the use of 1x1 thinwall corners (with the corner facing in) which are offset by a plate from the window to provide clearance. (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:H5xruy.8FF@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) (URL) (...) After looking at James' picture I believe it is either a train window (older style as I don't think the soccer bus version has the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) (URL) or here on a Bricklink page: (URL) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) Something like that.?? (...) 2 or 1 piece? split vertical down the middle? later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

(...) that a mosquito sitting on that window? (...) I'd say "neither". Aren't those the windows from the basic buckets that are 2 studs deep? I couldn't find it in the parts ref, but here is a pic from the intructions ref that kind of shows what I'm (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) I don't quite consider it a "find" since I remembered specifically what set it was based on my recollection of building it (several years ago, I haven't cracked my Legends versions yet). (...) True, but John did say: "I'm sure there is a LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)

In lugnet.trains, John Neal writes: <snip ideas from babes...or teens> (...) Although not 1x1 rounds into the underside of arches, this window treatment from a building in Miniland(R) at LEGOLAND(R) California demonstrates the general technique. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Hey Chris- It must be hard to have the collection packed away-- how do you ignore their voices calling out to you at night? ;-) To answer your question, yes, there is wire in the tubing. I discovered a few years back when building a 14 wide (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Train poster spotted.....

Check out one of the latest ISCC2 entries, the 'Künstlerscheune' (artists shed): (URL) we learn at last, where the 1592 monument comes from and that artists may be train fans .... The whole gallery can be found here: (URL) Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NovaLUG 2nd Show (Dartmouth)

Hello again, I forgot to mention that I motorized all the switches for the train yard. Nothing fancy, like no mindstorms involved, but I built 5 different version to test and they worked well for the display, because they would have been hard to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Track designer .... where is the source code ...

Again I would like to know what the status is concerning the source code of Track Designer. A few months ago there was a large discussion on this ... Guido (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Funny (...) First time I saw this 'system' used as key bricks has been with 1x1x0.33 rectangle plates. My friend Frank 'Pudie' Abel (last years ISCC winner) did that more than 2 years before. (URL) the red building. Those have not been (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Thanks for saying so, Harvey. I'll pass along the high praise! -John (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) But of course! He reads every response and is very grateful for all of the compliments. Even though he is getting to the age where he could participate in LUGNET, the fact is that this kind of venue doesn't have much appeal to him. He's a (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

Since he has no activity here on Lugnet, posting wise, I sure hope he at least gets to see these encouraging responses. Ross, you have a telent!!! I cannot believe the models you have created at such a young age. Being fairly inexperienced in (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

Incredible, and has handrails too...you've really outdone yourself on this one. The best EMD rendered in LEGO® I've seen yet! -Harvey (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) ha:-) Actually, after having talked to him about the whole idea, he said that he had seen something like it at LLC. Anybody recall such a technique used there? -John (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Even better. I have no problem taking candy from babies, so why stop just because Ross is a teen? (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Awesome MOC. It's really to bad I had to pack my LEGO away or I would be copying and learning from it right now. The fans are brilliant. Is there stiff wire in the tubing? -chris ps. great bridge as well! (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Please do get some shots. Custom trucks are a big interest of mine. Until we get to see the pics, how did he mount the wheelsets to the truck. Do the trucks (that is couplers) work out to a standard height- all of my attempts end up a little (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Whoa, pardner-- it was *Ross's* idea, not mine! :-) -John (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) I'd call it "one and a half" :-) (...) But I would posit that those were done for the lighting effect rather than for the keystone arch simulation as John did (which, by the way, is REALLY neat.... gonna have to crib it.) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) There's at least one (two?), 6376 Breezeway Cafe and 10037 Breezeway Cafe, seen here in the instructions: (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) You are such a steamhead;-) (...) Actually, Ben, those are 1x4 green bricks on their side, to simulate the door openings -- in true SNOT form:-D (...) It might have had something to do with the actual angle itself -- I'll mention it to him. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) lol It doesn't matter if you are a newbie or James Mathis-- it means a lot! I sure Ross will be gratified by your kind words! (...) Yes, they are hands. This is a modified technique that was begun by Dan Siskind of the GMLTC when he used (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  NovaLUG 2nd Show (Dartmouth)

Hey folks, Our fledgling NovaLUG is proud to announce the successful completion of our second public event. We were invited to participate in the Dartmouth Model Train & Hobby Show on November 16th in the Dartmouth Sportsplex. We couldn't have asked (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca) !

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) I'll bet you are responding to the straight side shot: (URL) admit that that is probably the least flattering pose for that MOC for the very reason you mentioned-- locked-in wheelbase for the motor unit. Ross built this train to *run*, but (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Nice train (I'm not quite there yet with trains....getting there, but not quite there yet...still need to simmer & saute a few more times). Now, the bridge: I have been trying to get that 'look' (of the stones) for the longest time. I have had (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Very impressive model. Of course building it 8 wide and making it proportionally long (to match the width) highlights the limitations of using a fixed wheelbase motor I guess. Those trucks seem out of proportion to the rest of the model (too (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) and (...) is no steam engine this time). He caught so many small structures - I am really amazed. I like the idea with the lots of 1x4 tiles in green on the side of the loco. Gives a cool effect. There is nothing to criticize at all, but if I (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

(...) Hi John, WOW! As a newbie of sorts my first jaw-dropping response to a LEGO train was seeing Ross's Pacific 4-6-2. A while back you hinted that Ross had a proto freight deisel in the works and I've been periodically returning to Ross's (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50

Well, it was quite a building year for Ross-- he turned 13 a few weeks back and this MOC was the last thing he built before becoming a <shudder> teenager: (URL) entered it into Rene's building contest. There are so many amazing things he did in this (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: New MOC: VW-beetle

(...) Thanks for the praise, Jan Albert! I have now made up the model in ML-CAD and it is my first CAD model ever: (URL) to Jaco van der Molen, who teached me in Zwolle how to work in ML-CAD. (...) Nice idea. But I fear it will be hard to build a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.nl)

  Re: Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!

(...) I hear you. I've had to put the small black elastics in the magnets to ensure they don't uncouple. (...) Very nice! Good show! Nice to see fellow Canadian's hard at work! Dean (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: VW-beetle // Was: - the Swedish high speed train

(...) VW cars ever, together with the Polo. Hmmm... maybe I should have a go at the entire VW range over the years, might be fun. After going from 6- to 8-wide in trains, going to 6-wide in cars might work just as inspiring (never ever built any (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Honey, I shrunk the Chateau!

(...) lol I didn't think of it that way-- another way to console myself for tearing her apart-- thanks:-) (...) Thanks. I was hoping it would inspire folks to build one or something like it and send it to either the NGLTC or the NELUG or both for (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town)

  Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!

Inspired by the awesome creation here: (URL) revamped my 3 diesel engines. First I tried to attach the stairs to the chassis, as above, but I found the magnet holders stick too far out, and if you have 3 engines in a row, the arms holding the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Honey, I shrunk the Chateau!

Hey John, This looks really nice. It preserves all of the key features of the original, but in addition to freeing up space it will also free up a lot of elements (all those windows, railings, blue slopes, etc) for future projects. Oh, btw, I really (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town)

  Re: Honey, I shrunk the Chateau!

(...) Hi John, My apologies for the deliquency in noticing this. (I've actually had to do 'work' at work the past few days). Very nice. Looks to me like a Mayoral Mansion for a city. Any plans to put a cityesque landsacape around it? What parts are (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town)

  Re: New MOC: VW-beetle // Was: - the Swedish high speed train

(...) You are right, it is to far back, but a full stud to the front is even worse: I tried that yesterday in the evening.... :-( Maybe a solution with a half stud might work perfectly? Not easy to build, but surly worth to give it a trial. But the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: X2000 - the Swedish high speed train

(...) Indeed. (...) Cute. Try moving the windshield one stud forward, though... (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Oh, did you mean the signal box roof? Well, you'll be able to do black ones soon, at least. (...) Thanks for the comments 'Brian', but, er, who's this "James" guy? ;-) Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New MOC: X2000 - the Swedish high speed train

(...) I think it only depends on the inside: the wall itself will be highly fragile this way, but if you put enough bricks into the model and connect roof and base with center-stud plates, then it gets heavy but really sturdy. Klaus Dobisch did this (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Second NGLTC Children's hospital LEGO building session

This past weekend the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) completed it's second LEGO ornament building session at the Children's Hospital of Atlanta (CHOA). Children (and adults) were given the opertunity to come play with the bricks and make some (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Hello Larry. The red building is not a station at all - in fact it's a model of the STEAM museum itself with glass curtain-walling to the front elevation combined with a traditional old brick construction. I've not seen any pics from the front (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

  Re: GWLTS photos

(...) Right. But I meant which building on the layout was the model layout located within. Someone else answered that it was the red station connected by the blue pedestrian bridge. I did read about STEAM and all that earlier. Thanks and congrats (...) (22 years ago, 18-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact