 Trains / 18448
Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 21:18:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Wow, that is really great! Congrats to Ross for this great model (even if it
is no steam engine this time).

You are such a steamhead;-)

He caught so many small structures - I am
really amazed. I like the idea with the lots of 1x4 tiles in green on the side
of the loco. Gives a cool effect.

Actually, Ben, those are 1x4 green bricks on their side, to simulate the door
openings -- in true SNOT form:-D

There is nothing to criticize at all, but if I had to mention anything, that
would be the 22° rooftop on center-plates and these on 22° slopes (each in
front and end-face of the engine). I think the roof top directly placed on the
slopes and then the center plates below might look a little more smooth.

It might have had something to do with the actual angle itself -- I'll mention
it to him.

He (we) did cut tubing, and did cut 2 chains for the back and front of the
decks, but everything else is straight/SNOT building.

The cut chain looks great: I think I will copy that idea sooner or later.
Who cares about cutting tubes? Are those not meant to used in any lenght you
need by chance... ;-)

Amen;-)

There are also 3 pics of the loco displayed on a large bridge that will be
used on the TCLTC layout.  I had built the bridge, but Ross made a simple
suggestion that caused me to want to rebuild the entire thing-- it was adding
the cool cap "stones" under the arches.  It made the bridge 100x better in
appearance!

Think it was worth the effort. Great (and at least for me completely new)
idea!

I'm sure there is a LEGO set that sticks 1x1 round plates up in an arch.  Funny
thing is that he was just playing around when he did it!

I am looking forward for the ISCC II gallery and more pictures of bridge and
loco.

Well, most of the pics you see are the ones I submitted to Rene, but there will
be more bridge pics (believe it or not, what is pictured isn't even half of
it:-)

Vielen dank, Ben!

-John