 Trains / 18474
Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 19:04:01 GMT

John wrote:
It must be hard to have the collection packed away-- how do you ignore their
voices calling out to you at night? ;-)

Just over three weeks to the thesis defense does wonders. :) As well as
having to clean half of my collection from the basement flood back in
August as well.   Anyone who would like to sort about a 144 gallons of
brick for me is welcome to it.  We can negiotate terms. ;)

To answer your question, yes, there is wire in the tubing.

Cool, I thought you were one of progenitors of wire solution.  What
gauge (20 or 22 perhaps)?

I'll pass along the compliment to Ross, and work on getting his truck
photographed for you.  I can say that he decided to use the 2x2 black plate
with little wheels (old-style, with the metal axle).  I had utilized the 1x2
rail piece as I had seen done (by you, perhaps?).  Although his method requires
completely destroying the element by remove the wheels, the remaining 2x2
plate's holes are the perfect gauge for the axle.

I'd wanted to use the old axle plate method, but I did not want to
destroy any of my old pieces.  The 1x2 rail piece is indeed, my idea and
does work well enough for me.  I do look foward to seeing and hearing
the success of Ross's solution.  Has anyone ever looked at the 1x2 brick
with wire grove to hold the bare axle?

-chris