 Trains / 18471
Re: Connect to Under Arch (was: Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:22:51 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Walsh writes:

After looking at James' picture I believe it is either a train window (older
style as I don't think the soccer bus version has the pin holes to put the
window panes in) or a 1x4x3 window with shutter pins removed.  You can get
the same effect with the standard 1x4x3 window by putting them in backwards
however you need some clearance or the shutter clip will be in the way on
the back side.  Since this area of te building is six wide, putting them in
backwards wouldn't work.

There is a way to do it, I believe, but it's arcane. it involves the use of
1x1 thinwall corners (with the corner facing in) which are offset by a plate
from the window to provide clearance.