 Trains / 18442
Re: Ross Neal's ISCC Contest entry: BN EMD GP-50
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 16:29:46 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, John Neal writes:
Well, it was quite a building year for Ross-- he turned 13 a few weeks back • and
this MOC was the last thing he built before becoming a <shudder> teenager:

Wow, that is really great! Congrats to Ross for this great model (even if it
is no steam engine this time). He caught so many small structures - I am
really amazed. I like the idea with the lots of 1x4 tiles in green on the side
of the loco. Gives a cool effect.
There is nothing to criticize at all, but if I had to mention anything, that
would be the 22° rooftop on center-plates and these on 22° slopes (each in
front and end-face of the engine). I think the roof top directly placed on the
slopes and then the center plates below might look a little more smooth.

He (we) did cut tubing, and did cut 2 chains for the back and front of the
decks, but everything else is straight/SNOT building.

The cut chain looks great: I think I will copy that idea sooner or later.
Who cares about cutting tubes? Are those not meant to used in any lenght you
need by chance... ;-)

There are also 3 pics of the loco displayed on a large bridge that will be • used
on the TCLTC layout.  I had built the bridge, but Ross made a simple • suggestion
that caused me to want to rebuild the entire thing-- it was adding the cool • cap
"stones" under the arches.  It made the bridge 100x better in appearance!

Think it was worth the effort. Great (and at least for me completely new)
idea!

I am looking forward for the ISCC II gallery and more pictures of bridge and
loco.

Best Regards,

Ben

Enjoy!