 Trains / 18486
Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 12:59:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul S. D'Urbano writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jerry Sievert writes:
In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
.both wagon plates were warped beyond use!
Does LEGO® take notice of their parts/set quality at all, or am I talking • to
a brick wall? This is getting ridiculous. -Harvey

For those who do not know what we are talking about:

That's how new baseplates often look like...

Forgive me if this is stupid, but with some plastics I've heard that if it
gets bent due to pressure you can leave it out in the sun and it returns
back to shape.  Does ABS behave like this, or is this a recipe for disaster?
I normally make it a point not to leave my LEGO in direct sunlight for any
extended period of time.
(*DISCLAIMER: NOBODY TRY THIS WITHOUT EXPERT VERIFICATION*)

May work, but there is danger it deforms in another way. If the studs loose
their binding ability a flat baseplate does not help you too much....

For behaviour of ABS (the stuff most Lego bricks are made from)
under temperature you may check this link:

http://www.1000steine.de/myimages/album10

Regards,

Ben