 Trains / 18485
Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 06:58:05 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
Hello trainheads, I just received an order of two 3737 train wagon parts
today. And for the third time...both wagon plates were warped beyond use!
Does LEGO® take notice of their parts/set quality at all, or am I talking to
a brick wall? This is getting ridiculous. -Harvey

While I know someone else mentioned stacking a few together and let them sit
over time, I have another solution that works well you just have to be
extremely careful.

If you have a toaster oven or just an oven heat it up in one of them. Don't do
it too long, shouldn't take more then one min. After its soft place 4 1x16
technic bricks(2 on top either side of base plate and two underneath) to
straighten it out and place it in the freezer.. wait about 3 mins and you
should be all set.

I've done this on one of those old 6x24 plates that someone gave me that was
slightly damaged and it worked well...

Good Luck!

Wayne