 Trains / 18477
Re: 3737 parts pack again a disappointment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:23:00 GMT

Jerry Sievert wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
.both wagon plates were warped beyond use!
Does LEGO® take notice of their parts/set quality at all, or am I talking to
a brick wall? This is getting ridiculous. -Harvey

the few times that i've ordered this part has turned me off ordering train
packs altogether.  thankfully there's bricklink.  no, i never bothered calling
for a replacement, i figured the replacements would be just as warped --
instead i stuck them between good baseplates and let them sit for about a year.
warping eventually disappeared (mostly), and the plates are now usable.

i've taken to just buying boxed train cars, for some reason those baseplates
make it to me intact.

I ordered some of these almost a year ago, and got severely warped
plates. I called up customer service who sent out replacements. The
replacements were fine, and were not packaged in the service pack. I
wonder if part of the problem is that the size of the service pack bag
isn't quite big enough for the plate, or that the fact that the plate
fits in at an angle causes a box of service packs to have the base
plates all criss crossed, and thus warp under pressure?

In any case - do call and request your replacements - my experience is
that you will be pleased.

Frank