 Local / United Kingdom / 8797
Re: GWLTS photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 12:50:39 GMT

Hi Manfred,

Yes, we are all turning into mobile phone mast geeks! There are so many
designs, once you start looking...

We acquired some new members for this show, and expanded the layout
considerably as a result. I think we put on a great display, and we're
definitely looking for opportunities to have another go.

One of the great things about it was that several people, hundreds of miles
apart, built their modules in isolation, and when we put it all together, it
fitted perfectly! A wonderful vindication of the module standard that we've
adopted.

I'm glad you like the white horse. It's the work of one of our new members,
Mark Palmer. One of the things we've all been staggered by is the number of
bricks that are needed to build scenery. The immense amount of green in the
hillside was causing Mark some problems!

No canal yet, but there's a whole winter ahead...

Tony Priestman

"M. Moolhuysen" <moom@nospam-chello.nl> wrote in message
Hello NBLTC members,

What a nice modular get-together you all can master. It has grown a lot
since the Southport event, where I had the honor of attending together you
members of the North British Lego train Club. All those new items. The
sloping hillside is a realy nice feature, and a good expression of one of
the landscapes of your region. I also like the viaducts with closed
sidewalls that are so typical for English railroad scenery. (On the • mainland
almost all parapets are open) I also spotted the 3th mobile telephone • mast,
this time a green camouflaged one, so a real network is evolving here. Did
anyone of you made plans to build a canal with a stone bridge, inn and a
canal-boat yet?

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.