 Local / United Kingdom / 8789
Re: GWLTS photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 21:31:09 GMT

Thanks Robert.

The roof is made of clear thinwalls, as available from S@H. There are 16
packs' worth in it = 400 clear elements.

Some time ago, I noticed how the thinwalls have a tendency to curve, and I
immediately thought of a station roof. It took me some time to get round to
it, though.

The roof is robust enough to remain in one piece during transport, but it
does fracture along the joints if stressed too much. On the journey home, I
had to do an emergency stop, and it ended up supporting a full crate of
rolling stock. It was substantially damaged, but I still took it out of the
car in one piece. Carefully :-)

Tony Priestman

"Robert Powell" <rpowell@soundvet.com> wrote in message
Excellent layout! I really like this train station:
http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/GWLTS/pb160233.jpg

What's the roof made of?

Robert Powell
SCLTC