 Local / United Kingdom / 8779
Re: GWLTS photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 11:32:00 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Looks like you had lots of fun there! I enjoyed the little details of your
layout very much:

the sparks:
http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/GWLTS/pb160276.jpg
That's my bit!  Yay!

the 'apples' (do you call them apples in English as well?)
http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/GWLTS/pb160241.jpg
No Ben, we call them horsesh*t.   :)

And I 'hate' the red letter days in Windsor... I would love to have these tan
windows myself. So far I only saw them in the German Legoland park Guenzburg.
http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/GWLTS/pb160277.jpg
I grabbed as many as I could from the piles on the floor.  I did build these
carriages with clear panels and tan plates above and below (the dining car
still does), but changed them over for the display.  Can we persuade LD to
make these as a service pack, do you think?

Anyway, the structure of the RLD has changed for next year.  It's for
parent+child now, costs more, and doesn't come with an extra ticket.  So, it
looks like that gig's over for now.

I guess there are much more rare parts but you have used them so well, one
can't feel jealous too long about it.....

I'm glad you liked the display.  There are plenty more pictures to come
later.  I think the best part of all was having it in front of such a big
locomotive.

Jason J Railton