 Local / United Kingdom / 8792
Re: GWLTS photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 23:06:35 GMT

I particularly liked the old time locomotive (early 4.5V?) with a • layout in
front of it... great vignette, and a nice goof on where you were. What
building was that in?

The Museum is in the former Great Western Railway (GWR*) works in
Swindon,

Right.

But I meant which building on the layout was the model layout located
within. Someone else answered that it was the red station connected by the
blue pedestrian bridge.

Hello Larry.

The red building is not a station at all - in fact it's a model of the STEAM
museum itself with glass curtain-walling to the front elevation combined
with a traditional old brick construction. I've not seen any pics from the
front yet. anyway, it was built as a bit of fun really - a LEGO model of the
venue complete with old LEGO steam engine as the backdrop to a LEGO model of
our train display (built to scale of course!). As a minifig, you can even
walk under the locomotive along an inspection pit, just like the real thing!

Thanks for your encouraging remarks - we all worked really hard getting this
show together.

Jon Reynolds

I did read about STEAM and all that earlier.

Thanks and congrats just the same...