 Local / United Kingdom / 8776
8775  |  8777
Subject:
GWLTS photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 21:08:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Yesterday, 16:Nov, was the Great Western Lego Train Show (GWLTS). This
was a display by the North British Lego train Club of a layout at STEAM
the museum of the Great Western Railway in Swindon (UK).

Our display received a lot of attention from museum visitors and museum
staff, one of whom brought his own Metroliner! Despite little marketing
the general public museum staff reported that visitor numbers were up
and
are keen to have us back again. Next time we want a layout the length of
the engine & tender and not just the tender....

The layout measured approx 25' x 10', and consisted of 14, NBLTC
specification, modules. Each module is 1277mm by 638mm (160 by
80 studs). The layout featured,
    - clear arched ceiling station
    - bridge over river section
    - MPD for diesels
    - hill/tunnel with representation of Uffington White Horse
    - working windmill
    - country station
    - Victorian water tower
    - and much more....

A large amount of stock was available to run, from steam engines to
Santa-Fe and diesels. The star of the display being a model of a Castle
class locomotive, that the layout was positioned in front of.

Have a look at the photos at,

    http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/GWLTS/
and
    http://www.jumare.freeserve.co.uk/gwlts/gwlts_photos.html

More information can also be found at,

  http://www.brickset.com/brickish/article.asp?ItemID=4

I'm sure more photos will follow, plus a fuller report.

Mark Palmer