 Local / United Kingdom / 8781
Re: GWLTS photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 12:27:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Looks like you had lots of fun there! I enjoyed the little details of your
layout very much:

the sparks:
http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/GWLTS/pb160276.jpg
That's my bit!  Yay!

the 'apples' (do you call them apples in English as well?)
http://www.btinternet.com/~hmillington/GWLTS/pb160241.jpg
No Ben, we call them horsesh*t.   :)

Ok, partly the same here, but Pferde-Apfel (horse-apple) is by far more
common....

[tan train windows]
Can we persuade LD to
make these as a service pack, do you think?

I would suggest even a colour mix pack. I need more than tan windows, but in
my eyes it is impossible to ask for 8 new train window packs.
So lets ask for 1 or 2 packs with mixed windows instead. We will do the
exchange if someone of us needs just one single colour.

I suggest one bulk pack with 24 windows in colours:

- tan 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3
- dark grey 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3
- green 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3
- brown 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3

That would be very helpful. Maybe one could split the pack to two packs of 2
colours each. With 12 windows this would be in the typical price range.

But I like mixed packs a lot, like the new mix of 1x3 and 3x3 roof bricks or
the center plate colour mix.

I'm glad you liked the display.  There are plenty more pictures to come
later.  I think the best part of all was having it in front of such a big
locomotive.

Definitely an eye catcher! Have you taken any pictures like these (idea taken
from a midseventies Maerklin catalogue)?
http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/misc/pi412.jpg

Leg Godt!

Ben