 Local / United Kingdom / 8782
Re: GWLTS photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 13:48:08 GMT

[tan train windows]
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
Can we persuade LD to
make these as a service pack, do you think?

In lugnet.loc.uk, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
I would suggest even a colour mix pack. I need more than tan windows, but in
my eyes it is impossible to ask for 8 new train window packs.
So lets ask for 1 or 2 packs with mixed windows instead. We will do the
exchange if someone of us needs just one single colour.

I suggest one bulk pack with 24 windows in colours:

- tan 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3
- dark grey 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3
- green 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3
- brown 4pc 4x3 + 2pc 2x3

But I like mixed packs a lot, like the new mix of 1x3 and 3x3 roof bricks or
the center plate colour mix.

I suspect the roof brick mix has come about by Brad taking the opportunity
to extend the production runs for next year's sets (which of course none of
us have seen, so wouldn't know that they are used extensively :)

I like the idea of a mixed pack of 1x4x3 and 1x2x3, but if it's easier just
to do them all in one colour then I'd rather have that.  We can't even buy
red or white 1x4x3s in bulk at the moment, even though the frames must have
been in production for the soccer buses.

Perhaps a new colour could go to the vote?

Incidentally, to use these, I had to buy a load of window packs anyway to
get the glass, so now have a small pile of useless blue frames.

Jason J Railton