 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5780
Re: Working for the next rtlToronto project! Updating my trains!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:02:38 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
Inspired by the awesome creation here:

http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/trains/CNv2engine/index.html

Wow, thanks for the glowing endorsement!

I revamped my 3 diesel engines.  First I tried to attach the stairs to the
chassis, as above, but I found the magnet holders stick too far out, and if
you have 3 engines in a row, the arms holding the magnets get disjointed (at
least they did on mine).

I hear you. I've had to put the small black elastics in the magnets to
ensure they don't uncouple.

So I did the next best thing--I put the bottom two rungs of the stairs on
the trucks, as so many others have done, and left the top rung on the chassis.

Anywho, it works well!  Looks a little funky whene the engines go around
curves, but I can live with that.

Thanks to so many people out there who have pics of thier MOCs on-line!
You're all wonderful inspirations!

Oh right!  My link to my revamped engines (and other rolling stock):

http://sparky.i989.net/rollstok.htm

As usual, I'm always eager to hear what you think!  Semd me an e-mail of
suggestions and/or improvements!

Very nice! Good show! Nice to see fellow Canadian's hard at work!

Dean