 Trains / 18432
Re: New MOC: X2000 - the Swedish high speed train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:45:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mattias Martensson writes:

Very interesting. In practice, how sturdy is this? My experience with
partially connected studs as you have here is that the models tend to be
very fragile.

I think it only depends on the inside: the wall itself will be highly fragile
this way, but if you put enough bricks into the model and connect roof and
base with center-stud plates, then it gets heavy but really sturdy.

Klaus Dobisch did this with his DC3 (built out of my bricks in my
appartment... - so I had chance to see how it developped.)

Additionally the use of these hinges had the very cool effect, one could add a
colour line slimmer than 1 plates height.

Regards,

Ben

P.s.: my latest mini-MOC (again with support of Klaus and extensive use of
center plates):
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Ben/town-assecoires/town-vehicles/13_beatle.
jpg