 Trains / 18416
Re: New MOC: X2000 - the Swedish high speed train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:43:56 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Mattias Martensson writes:

Wow, that's really really pretty!

It certainly is. (although I would like some close-ups of
the windows - I am not sure I understand the explanation
of how they were made)

What are the rods or tubes that go from the bodies to the truck centers? Are
those somehow connecting with the tilt mechanism, or are they
dampeners/stabilizers or ??

It is a part of the tilt mechanism.

They are actually hydraulic cylinders for tilting the cars.
If the cylinders had been inverted, they would even work as
intended in passive mode, but as it is now, the cars tilt
outwards in the curves, if the hydraulic system is out of
order.

And I am almost certain that the locomotive is tilting in
the curves as well (to reduce drag).  There are at least
also hydralic cylinders on the locomotive that could be
used for tilting it.

Play well,

Jacob (who still wants to build a working X2000)
--
Jacob's LEGO:
                               http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/