 Trains / 18516
Re: Mountain/Quarry (and more on church)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 23:12:35 GMT

Workers beavering away on Peter's church:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0211-livonia/pb240028.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pguenthe/0211-livonia/pb240029.jpg

Dig that fancy stained glass that Peter printed up on clear sticker paper
with his inkjet...

(OFF TOPIC SIDENOTE)

My dad used a similar technique a couple years ago for a Meccano church he
built.  The model eventually was lit from within and displayed in the lobby
of the church upon which it was based.  The stained glass added greatly to
the overall look of the building.

(END OF SIDENOTE)

XFUT to build.arch because of the church. Peter will likely have more to say
about that, it's a wonderful church, even incomplete...

Actually, I like it incomplete.  :)

I think it adds a great deal of realism to a diorama to have a building
under construction like that.  I love the truck sitting out front loaded
with more supplies.

Very nice work.

Regards,
Allan B.