 Trains / 18520
Re: Mountain/Quarry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 26 Nov 2002 01:08:54 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia writes:
Nice mountain!  I especially like the waterfall and the tunnel portals.
Neat "keystone" effect.  I'd have to agree that it has too many colors.  The
tan and the black are the most distracting, IMO.  Cool quarry, also.  Quite
impressive overall, regardless.

Is it tall enough to accomodate the 8-wides?

It will accomodate some 8 wides but the design goal was to clear the bullet
with pantographs up at a normal operating height.

It will not accomodate long wheelbase 8 wides as the inside clearances are
not as large as the outside ones. The tunnel portals look faintly too wide
as it is. (both are on curves and one is 1 track away from the straight of
an S curve.