 Star Wars / 7613
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 22:49:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Adam Murtha writes:
What Kevin J. Anderson book are you talking about?  Or are you talking about
several or all of his books?  I read a few of his thought they were pretty
good.

Adam

It's the FIRST CHAPTER, people. Who quits reading a book after the first
chapter, declaring that the book sucks?

Me, if it's one of the Kevin J. Anderson books. Fortunately, the other SWEU
writers actually know what they are writing about. Timothy Zahn comes to mind.

Specifically, I'm referring to Champions of the Force, Dave Apprentice, and Jedi
Search. These books were...awful. Half of the force users were inept morons at
the beginning of the book. By the end, they were doing things even Yoda wasn't
capable of. It was quite sad, actually.

Now, as an editor, he's actually quite good. The 'Tales of' series comes to mind
as the best of his editing capabilities. Fortunately, he didn't write most of
those tales or IG-88 the bounty hunter would have had force capabilities.
[snicker]