 Star Wars / 7606
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:25:56 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Erik Olson writes:

I said I'd never seen any statement to that effect--from an official source
like
Lucas or Kurtz talking about the early story (and I've seen a few of those
types
of interviews.) Besides, Obi-wan made everybody think otherwise, and that's
the
kind of hole-to-be-dug-out-of that I was talking about.

I've seen and read several interviews with Lucas where he says that the
original trilogy was written as one story (there was only one Death Star,
though).

Obi-Wan has his own reasons for lying to Luke.  They should be obvious, if you
think about the whole situation for a few minutes.

eric