 Star Wars / 7663
Re: Another one of those 'what's wrong with TPM' posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 07:51:04 GMT

I thought it was a good book, if its the one I'm thinking of.  I think it was
Vector Prime by R. A. Salvatore.  I wouldn't call it an 'uninspired hack
job.'  I agree that redemption is a big part of SW.  George Lucas himself said
that the Classic Trilogy is about the redemption of Anakin/Vader.

Adam

In lugnet.starwars, James Simpson writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Adam Murtha writes:
One of the SW novels I've read, I can't remember which one now, has Han
looking back at that time, and he says that the only reason he had come back
was because his hyperdrive didn't work, and couldn't leave.  I thought that
was interesting.

That really takes away from some important aspects of the story - Han was
nothing more than riff-raff at first, but he learned to believe in things
greater than himself.  A prominent theme in the SW saga is redemption.  That
novel sounds like yet another EU uninspired hack job.